SYLEX SLAM REPORT: DECK PHOTOS AND MORE!


The SYLEX SLAM is over! A champion has been crowned, and the event was a success! A bittersweet weekend for me, but the event went as well as I could have hoped for!

30 Players came to sling spells and fought valiantly, but there could only be one champion:

Ty Thomason! 

He has been a staple player for New Jersey OS events, and I can not think of a more deserving winner. A skilled player, an excellent deck builder, and a true lover of the format. Ty is a well of  MTG knowledge, insight, and strategy. As well as an important member of the Old School community at large. 

He is also a fantastic writer! Please check out his blog for more photos and a fantastic tournament report! 

Link:

Ty's MtG blog!

Here was the winning deck:


Bellow will be lots of pictures taken throughout the event by players, followed by the
deck photos I have been sent, but before we get into that I would like to take some time to thank
Reggie! The Time Warp Comics OS Ringleader!
In my absence Reggie stepped up and managed the event like a champ. (He also crafted the REAL GOLGOTHIAN SYLEX and FELLWAR STONE trophies to go with the alters!) 
What a legend.
Thank you so much, Reggie. 

Now it's Photo dump time!

Two Unlimited Psionic Blasts in the pool??

It was basically Woodstock with the amount of Hypies at the event. 
Tourach must have been be stoked.



Copying an Opposing Millstone is an achievement.

As far as the state of New Jersey is concerned, Chris, you are the BRASSMAN




...
not only had Islandwalk, but also fed the hungry!






...AND A 2/3 FALLING STAR FLIP BY MANO
:


ON TO DECK PHOTOS!
[IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER]

***IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR PHOTO HERE, THAT MEANS I DID NOT GET IT! PLEASE SEND IT TO ME ON DISCORD OR AT blackknightpainter@gmail.com WITH YOUT NAME AND I WILL ADD IT!***

Mono Black by Chris Grennille 
(HIGHEST PLACE WITH NO POWER, and TOP 4)

URb by Jordan (TOP 4)

UWR by MANO (TOP 4)

Goblins of Mephostopholes by Casey


UB Tacklemaggot by Baron Nick

UWR by cause

Mono Black by Chris Rhymes

 U DISCO by David Third

UBR by Chris Skidmore 

Stasis by uptightleader

Recycled Robots by Nick Metzler

BR Disco Troll by Rich Arevalo

Mono White by Alex Henderson

Mono White by Andrew P

 RUG by Jason Koresko

UBR by Bryan Black

Mono Black by Bryan P

BU by Kid Robot

RG Atog by Jer




Lastly...
'What Nick Would have Played' by Me


Thank you so much to everyone who came, I really appreciate all of the support! Creating a successful New Jersey Old School championship was a dream of mine that I can finally say I have accomplished!

Special Thanks:

Reggie for handling the Sylex Slam in my absence and  running Old School FNM every Friday at Time Warp, keeping the format healthy, and giving new players an opportunity to learn about the fun of cardboard older than some of them.

Maria for being my rock. Without her support I don't believe any of the NJOS events would be possible. She has helped me in every event, inventing dead last prizes, watching the prize table, monitoring round timers, and just all around being amazing. She is an amazing girlfriend and an amazing person. I do not know what I would do without her.

Jesus, for not only Having Islandwalk, but for feeding the hungry! (He bought pizza for everyone!) Thank you so much that was extremely kind of you. Also check out Jesus' Old School YouTube channel FULL of NJOS action:

The NJOS and Time Warp regulars for cultivating a welcoming and fun Old School Community in NJ




and my Grandfather who sadly passed last week. He got me into collecting in general. I can definitely attribute a lot of my tastes in fantasy, horror, and collecting old junk to him. I am eternally grateful that he was a part of my life.

My grandfather with baby me.



SOME LINKS FOR MORE FUN!

Baron Nick's YouTube Channel! Old School 
MTG and more!

All Tings Considered! 
One of the greatest OS MTG Podcasts of all time!



***IF YOU WANT A LINK SHARED HERE, PLEASE SEND IT TO ME ON DISCORD OR AT blackknightpainter@gmail.com AND I WILL ADD IT!***


Thank you all.

Nick D.C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DREAMSCAPE : (100/100 Cards Spoiled) A NEW Expansion FOR OS MTG!

SYLEX SLAM NJOS CHAMPIONSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT! *Click READ MORE*